- Last Updated on 24 May 2012
- Hits: 1851
Crisis in Zimbabwe Coalition held a meeting in Svosve, Wedza on the 19th of May 2012. The meeting was attended by 66 people (39 men and 27 females) and was meant to feed back on the constitution making process and to get an update on the political environment in the area given the increasing calls for early elections by Zanu PF.
The participants raised concern over the slow progress of the Constitution making process and demanded credible reforms ahead of elections. For the past few months the community has witnessed an influx of soldiers who are allegedly intimidating perceived Zanu-Pf opponents.
Participants demanded a constitution that;
- Limits the powers of the President
- Observes and respects all fundamental rights.
- Increases the participation of women in Parliament and other critical Institutions.
- Provides equal distribution of land.
- Provides other media options besides the state sponsored and biased Zimbabwe Broadcasting Cooperation.